Monday 20 September 2010

Worried musings....

As this is my first post I am obviously concerned; will it be interesting, will my grammar be correct (it's my job after all), will I end up talking about nothing in particular? oh.  Okay, time to crack on.

Hopefully this is going to be my last week in the UK after i returned from Cambodia at the end of June.  It's been fun but I do miss the craziness of a city, a different culture and as much as thought I missed British weather I now seems that I don't; bring on the winter!  Things that I have enjoyed though include; going to the cinema.  There is nothing like seeing a GOOD movie on a big screen and Inception, Scott Pilgrim vs The World and even Piranha 3D have reminded me how much a love the medium; support your local cinema!  One other thought on film though would be NO MORE 3D!!! That is all.

Being in the countryside is a blessing and the pollution free air has been much welcome.  After being in Indian and Chinese smog at the back end of 2008 I bought some walking boots and hit the hills.  This summer the Old Man and I wen to the Lake District in North West England and had a great time walking on the crags, drinking the local ales and stroking Bassets.

View from Great Crag


What else has been good whilst i have been home....ah yes! FOOD!  I think I've eaten rice twice since being home and the free availability of potatoes and dumplings has been highly satisfying.  Other favourites include lasagne and roast dinners.  Booze has of course played its part but I think I'll leave that for another post.
Seeing family and friends hasn't been bad either.

Right I'm off to the pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment